Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy earth day!!

Happy earth day every body!
Sadly my better half has to work until late tonight so that means no picnic but that's ok, we'll live. I have to work a little bit on my art as I have some things that are due soon but I plan on spending some time outdoors just being grounded in nature (or as grounded as I can be in an oil boom town), the weather is in my favor today a warm +12 Celsius and only a few clouds in the sky.


My lentil sprouts although being slow have started to gain a bit of length on them and should be good for eating now I've put them by the window to let them get a little photosynthesis on the go before I eat/refrigerate them, I didn't think 1/4 of a cup of no-name green lentils would have such a huge sprout rate but it seems like they all sprouted in this batch. I might have to by the no name lentils more often as I find the sprout rate on many commercial brands to be lacking.
If people are interested I'm soaking for 6 hours in a mason jar then using the cheese cloth bag method for the first few days before transferring them into a mason jar with a coffee filter lid for photosynthesis I hear great things about this method and it works the best for me as I cannot seem to get good enough drainage with the jars alone and do not have enough room for the large sprouter that many companies offer on my kitchen counter. I like the cheese cloth bags because I can get them at the dollar store for cheap and I can hang them anywhere in the apartment with little to no fuss.
And I just realized I sound like a cheap sales person *face palm*
If anyone has other methods for me to try out I'm all ears, I love new things.

And here is a picture of my most recent lentils.
not quite ready yet but getting there and tasting yummy.












Also I've noticed that I'm getting a few new viewers, I'd like to say welcome and I hope you enjoy!
 I'm use to having only a few people so I get easily excited when new people come over, I hope you can understand.

We also have a new person in our physical group, we're finally up to 4 people and people *cough*Anima*Cough* have been asking if I would feel comfortable calling ourselves a coven yet.
I'm not entirely sure, the new person we've only met a few times and I have a feeling that they might not stick around in that sense.
Friends=yes
Joining us on a few occasions/rituals/lessons=yes
Being dedicated to a coven= not so much.
There is a difference between being a solo practitioner that socializes with a group or two and someone who joins a coven. Each has their own difficulties and challenges, both have their own benefits.

A coven needs a bit more work to get energy flowing together in unison and so make the whole dynamic work with out hiccups or personal issues getting in the way. Everybody needs to be on the same page and willing to put their energy to the same things. Beliefs are usually similar, if not the same in a coven and you are almost expected to share your knowledge if needed.
There is strength in numbers and you can rely on others who have greater knowledge in one area to help you in something that you are weak in, there is group support, and if you''re not sure about something there is almost always someone to help you figure it out. It's a built in friend base who wish to help you grow and succeed.

A soloist has only herself to worry about when working and directing energy, what she believes is not influenced by a group collective and she can develop her beliefs based on her experiences and personality making them more personal.
But at the same time she may or may-not have someone to turn to for help if she in weak in an area she wishes to study, and the same with support nets. She has the burden and pleasure to find things out on her own and decipher them on her own with little help. She almost needs to be a jack of all trades so she can cover all her bases. She is the only one to blame if something go amiss but is the only one to congratulate if all goes well.

Yeah there are more things to being in a coven vs being a soloist though I could probably fill a book on it, and I've been in both positions. I feel almost in-between right now with our group a bit too small for me to consider it a coven (that and we can get anything organised usually until the last minute due to scheduling).

This is something I can honestly say I'll be thinking about all day now, and it deserves some thought. I might bring it up in another post in the future but right now I just want to think.

Blessed Be

~Flaming


(all names have been changed) 

No comments:

Post a Comment