Saturday, June 2, 2012

spaghetti sauce

yum yum yum, I'm one of the very few people that I know that will make spaghetti sauce from scratch, and no not from canned tomato paste but from actual tomatoes (or canned sliced if I'm too lazy to pick up fresh tomato)

what you need
-tomatoes 1-2 per person
-bell peppers
-basil
-garlic
-thyme
-sage
-salt (optional)
-peppercorn (or ground pepper)
-roughly a pound (give or take for preference) of ground beef or tiny beef chunks, or meat balls yummy
-what's in your fridge that might taste good (lol)

-spaghetti

Most of this is to taste as I don't actually have a recipe for this, it's basically a way for me to use up what veggies I can from the fridge and have something different each time.

Fry or bake or boil (I like frying) your meat until cooked

-Squish your tomatoes, or puree or blend, toss in a pot on the stove and bring to a simmer

-Add; basil, thyme, and sage. (add to taste but remember that this taste may increase over time, start with a small amount as it is possible to add more later but impossible to subtract later)

-Stir often and let simmer until it starts to thicken (max I have seen it go is 40 minutes if you want to speed it up then corn starch or a little flour can help)

-Add you chunks of bell peppers and either slice, grind, or add whole the garlic.  (add to taste but remember that the taste of garlic will increase over time, start with a small amount as it is possible to add more later but impossible to subtract later)

- Right before serving but while still on the stove add meat then salt and pepper to taste.

I'm sorry I couldn't give precise measurements for this RHY but honestly it changes based on mood and what's in my fridge and what spices are on hand...though I can tell you that marjoram will make it much hotter when combined with garlic.

I plan on making this either Monday or Tuesday.

Blessed Be
~Flaming

No comments:

Post a Comment